Being able to cook pizza at camp feels like a treat. And the Blackstone makes this pretty easy. We’ve shared a Blackstone pizza recipe before using Boboli crust. That was good, but this is better! This recipe uses Pillsbury crust and it is our favorite way to cook pizza at camp.
Rogina Roaming is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Step 1: Prep the Dough
While the Blackstone is heating up, roll the Pillsbury pizza dough out on a flat surface. Drizzle oil on top and then spread it around with a brush. Then, sprinkle garlic powder on top.
To fit under our basting dome we then cut the dough in half. You can skip this if you have a lid for your Blackstone or a larger basting dome.
Step 2: Crisp the Crust
Put the dough oiled side down on the Blackstone heated to medium heat. If you cut the dough in half, just cook one half at time. Add oil and garlic powder to the top side just like you did earlier to the bottom.
Once the top side is oiled, flip the dough over. This should be about 2-3 minutes after the dough was placed on the Blackstone, you want the bottom to be starting to brown.
Step 3: Move Crust to a Rack
Put a rack on the griddle and put the dough on the rack with the browned side facing up.
Step 4: Heat Pepperoni
Put pepperoni or any other toppings on the Blackstone to heat them up. This will end up helping the cheese melt faster so the bottom of the pizza doesn’t burn while the cheese is melting.
Step 5: Add Sauce
While the pepperoni cooks, add some pizza sauce on top of the dough. We like to use the Contadina pizza squeeze bottles of sauce for convenience. Try to spread it around evenly.
Step 6: Add Cheese and Heated Pepperoni
Next, add cheese on top of the sauce. Then, put the heated pepperoni or any other toppings on top with some extra cheese if desired.
Step 7: Cover and Melt
Once the toppings are all on, cover the pizza with a basting dome until the cheese has melted. It normally takes about 2 minutes. Repeat this process for the other half of the dough, and then enjoy!
Pepperoni Pizza with Pillsbury Recipe
- Pillsbury Pizza Crust
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Spread the Pillsbury pizza dough out on a flat surface. Add oil and garlic powder to the dough.
- Put the pizza dough, oiled side down, on the Blackstone warmed to medium heat. Add oil and garlic powder to the top side of the dough. Once top is oiled and bottom is browned (about 2 minutes) flip the dough.
- Move the crust onto a rack to raise it slightly from the surface of the Blackstone.
- Put the pepperoni or any other toppings directly on the Blackstone.
- Add sauce to the crust and spread it out evenly.
- Cover the pizza with cheese.
- Add the heated pepperoni and any other toppings to the top of the pizza and top with more cheese if desired.
- Cover the pizza with the basting dome until the cheese melts. (About 2 minutes.)