Pizza on the Blackstone griddle while camping felt like a special treat. We don’t normally use Boboli crust but that’s what the grocery store had so that’s what we used. It worked out well, was easy to cook, and tasted good.
Rogina Roaming is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Though we don’t normally cook with Boboli pizza crusts, it was convenient that it didn’t need to be refrigerated and could instead be stored in a cabinet. And the mini size worked out perfectly on our tray that we put under our basting dome.
Step 1: Crisp the Crust
To start, we put oil and some garlic powder on the Blackstone warmed to medium heat.
We put just the crust on the griddle to crisp it up a bit. We left it there for a short time, about 30 seconds. Then we flipped it over and warmed up the top for a few seconds.
Step 2: Move Crust to a Rack
To prevent the crust from burning we then moved it off the surface of the Blackstone, and onto a rack that sat right on top of it.
Step 3: Heat Pepperoni
We then put our pepperonis directly on the Blackstone. It adds a nice flavor, but primarily we do this to heat them up because it will help the cheese melt.
Step 4: Add Sauce
Then we put some sauce on top of the pizza. Spread it around evenly.
Step 5: Flip Pepperoni
And then flipped the pepperonis.
Step 6: Add Cheese
Next, cover the pizza with cheese. I like to go heavy on the cheese but feel free to add as much or as little as you’d like.
Step 7: Add the Heated Pepperoni
Then add the heated pepperonis. This is going to help the cheese melt fast enough that the crust won’t burn. During this step I like to add just a little bit more cheese on top.
Step 8: Cover and Melt
Cover it with the basting dome until the cheese melts. For us, it was about eight minutes.
Once it looks good, take it off the Blackstone and enjoy!
Pepperoni Pizza with Boboli Recipe
- Boboli Mini Pizza Crust
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Put oil and some garlic powder on the Blackstone warmed to medium heat. Place the crust on the griddle to crisp it up. (About 30 seconds.) Then flip it over and warm up the top side for a few seconds.
- Move the crust onto a rack to raise it slightly from the surface of the Blackstone.
- Put the pepperonis directly on the Blackstone.
- Add sauce to the crust and spread it out evenly.
- Flip the pepperonis.
- Cover the pizza with cheese.
- Add the heated pepperoni to the top of the pizza and top with more cheese if desired.
- Cover the pizza with the basting dome until the cheese melts. (About 8 minutes.)