Did you know you can use the Blackstone like an oven? I’ve been testing this out by cooking cinnamon rolls and I think I’ve finally perfected the recipe enough to share. Here’s how to cook cinnamon rolls on the Blackstone griddle.
Rogina Roaming is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Step 1: Prepare the Pan
To start, butter the bottom and sides of a foil pan until it’s covered with butter. Then put your cinnamon rolls in the pan.
Once the rolls are in the pan go around the edge of the pan and bend it in so it’s as small and short as possible. I do this so it’s easier to fit in my basting dome. If you have a lid or a larger basting dome this may not be necessary.
Step 2: Prepare the Griddle
Next you’ll need two pieces of foil. Crumple them up until you have two pieces that resemble sticks. You’ll put these into the shape of an X. Then you’ll put them on the rack on your Blackstone. This helps create more space and airflow between the bottom of the cinnamon rolls and the surface of the Blackstone so the bottoms don’t burn.
Step 3: Add the Cinnamon Rolls
Now you’re ready to put the cinnamon rolls on the Blackstone. Cover them and squish the basting dome down as much as possible to create an oven-like environment.
Make sure the heat is on medium low. Low will take way too long to cook, but much higher than medium will burn the bottoms.
Step 4: Remove the Cinnamon Rolls
Check on the rolls every 10-15 minutes. You want to take them off once the edges start to brown slightly. The time can vary depending on the temperature. It normally takes about 30 minutes.
Try to have an area ready to put a hot pan. Take it off the Blackstone and top with the included frosting.
Now they’re ready to share and enjoy!
Blackstone Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Cinnamon Rolls (I use the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls)
- Disposable Foil Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- Blackstone Griddle
- Basting Dome
- 9.8″ Circular Rack
- Butter the bottom and sides of the foil pan until it’s covered with butter.
- Put your cinnamon rolls in the pan.
- Crumple two pieces of foil up until they resemble sticks. Put them into the shape of an X and place them on the rack on your Blackstone.
- Put the pan with cinnamon rolls on the Blackstone and cover with a basting dome. (Make sure the temperature is set to medium-low.)
- Check on the rolls every 10-15 minutes. Take them off once the edges start to brown slightly. This normally takes about 30 minutes.
- Top with the included frosting and serve warm!